Service to the Flag Awards Ceremony
Women In Defense is proud to recognize extraordinary leadership, strategic impact, and the potential to inspire women to serve in national defense and national security. Women In Defense hosts its annual Service to the Flag Awards Ceremony in recognition of one top government leader and one distinguished industry leader who have served in national defense and security, supported military service members, or facilitated partnerships between industry and the military.
This year's Service to the Flag Awards Ceremony will be held during the Women In Defense National Conference. Registration for the National Conference includes attendance at the Service to the Flag Awards Ceremony, and separate ceremony-only registration is available for those who would like to attend the Service to the Flag Awards Ceremony but cannot attend the National Conference.
The 2018 Service to the Flag honorees are:
- Government: LTG Gwen Bingham, USA, Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management
- Industry: Eren Ozmen, Owner and President, Sierra Nevada Corporation
Previous honorees include:
- Ms. Jo A. Decker, Vice President, Business Development, Sales and Operations, Global Solutions Division, General Dynamics Information Technology
- Lt Gen Judith Fedder, USAF (Ret)
- Ms. Lisa Atherton, Executive Vice President Military Business for Bell Helicopter
- Honorable Carolyn H. Becraft, Former United States Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Manpower and Reserve Affairs)
- Brigadier General Wilma L. Vaught, USAF (Ret), Former President of Women In Military Service For America Memorial
- Honorable Christine E. Wormuth, Former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy