Who We Are
Women In Defense is the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) Affiliate founded to engage, cultivate and advance women in all aspects of national security.
Women In Defense is an organization for those seeking to deepen their understanding and relationships within the US defense and security arena through skill enhancement, relationship cultivation, leadership development and career advancement. Across the country, Women In Defense is comprised of women and men from industry and defense organizations of every size; all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces; Government agencies, academia, think tanks, associations, and professional services. Women In Defense represents current and next generation thought leaders in the defense and security sectors. This empowerment organization provides its members a business environment for professional growth via National and Chapter educational programs, awards and scholarships and collaborative WOSB and STEAM initiatives.
Why We’re Here
To create a diverse national security workforce equipped with the knowledge, leadership skills, and connections necessary to best serve our nation.
What We Do
As an affiliate organization of NDIA, Women In Defense provides dual paths of engagement. Women In Defense membership includes the benefits of NDIA membership--- providing a national, collaborative community of advocates promoting best practices, policy and technology for warfighters and others who ensure the safety and security of our nation. Individually, members also have the benefit of local chapter participation, allowing deeper involvement and impact through strategic networking and educational events, mentoring opportunities, scholarship programs and community service.
- To provide women a formal environment for professional growth through strategic networking, education, and career development
- To educate the public on the challenges of serving/working in defense and national security
- To encourage women of all ages to engage and influence the areas of defense and national security through work in government, industry and the military
- To recognize academic achievements of women pursuing STEAM, and success of women in defense and national security related professions
- To actively be in service to organizations and causes supporting the well-being of the defense community and promote volunteerism in our respective localities