The Women In Defense (WID) team continues to monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Currently, the WID National Conference is scheduled to occur as published. The health and safety of our event participants, members, and partners remains our top priority and we are committed to following the guidelines and precautions as outlined by the CDC.
WID is fully prepared to adjust any and all plans if the situation changes. We are following – and will remain in compliance with – all city, state and federal guidelines. If the direction from the federal, state or local official public health authorities does changes between now and the conference, we will adhere to that guidance and act upon it immediately and will update everyone.
The WID team recognizes the importance of convening the national security and defense communities to promote the best policies, practices, products, and technology for warfighters and others who ensure the safety and security of our nation. Thank you for continuing to support and we hope to see you soon.
For more information and updates from NDIA about Covid-19, please refer to the NDIA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update Page.
WID NATIONAL CONFERENCE
Each year, the Women In Defense (WID) National Conference convenes women from the military, defense industry, government, and academia. Over the course of this one-day event of all-day engagement, WID and conference attendees empower women, create a more diverse workforce, and strengthen American defense.
This year, the WID National Conference will be held in the Fall at a new venue, providing both former and new attendees an enhanced event experience. Join nearly 500 defense industry professionals from all over the U.S. and U.K. as they build networks, expand perspectives, and lead change.
* Please note: This event is open to the press.
- Attend two high-level keynote addresses, including one by the Commandant of the Marine Corps, General David H. Berger.
- Explore the Industry Career Expo for professional prospect development.
- Connect with more than 300 industry and government representatives during networking breaks.
- Sharpen your professional skills at two breakout workshops.
- Celebrate strategic leaders from industry and government at WID's annual Service to the Flag Award Ceremony Luncheon.
- Recognize HORIZONS Scholarship awardees during the award luncheon.
- Sit in on a panel discussion led by key leaders of industry and government.
- Join senior-level mentors at a professional development opportunity comprised of interactive conversations.
- Have your headshot taken by a professional photographer.
- Celebrate the end of the event at the closing reception.
The WID National Conference attendees include professionals working in industry, government, and academia as well as students, young professionals, and members of the media. Women In Defense extends a warm welcome, to our organization and our National Conference, to women and men of all backgrounds and ranks whose primary professional activities or interests relate to the national security of the United States and its allies.
United States Marine Corps
Commandant of the Marine Corps